Saturday, June 26, 2010

Frivolous in my Twenties, Essential in my Thirties

Inspired by a comment on this post over at Nothing But Bonfires  I started thinking about all the things I considered a waste of money or too frivolous in my twenties.

  • Movers. I always moved myself before. Now... Definitely not. My days of humping boxes up and down stairs are Ovah.

  • Taxis. The night bus just doesn't cut it any more. I don't want to wait for an hour to ride home with puke stained, half conscious teenagers.

  • Very expensive cocktails in very expensive bars. Yummy. And the floor of the loos isn't sticky.

  • Professional waxing. They can reach the places you can't. Nuff said.

  • Posh make-up. Ok, this one I still think is frivolous, but I have to admit, the more expensive brands are better.

  • Good quality clothes. Look, I still buy from H&M occasionally, but the higher end stuff is better quality and lasts longer. Christ, I'm turning into my mother.

  • A really good handbag. See above. Lasts forever.


More to come I'm sure. So, I know no-one is actually reading this, as abandoned this blog years ago, but if anyone does stumble across it, leave your list in the comments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lalage said...

Spanx, obviously. Yes, the professional waxers (Muff said, shurely....)And builders. Don't do DIY any longer

5:08 PM  
Blogger davidhughjones said...

* Good manners.
* Brains (in girlfriends).
* Parmesan.

The rest is pretty much as ever.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home