Friday, June 23, 2006

The Festival Jacket

This is the Boy's Festival Jacket. He's had it for far longer than I've known him. Note the dirty patches, the faded colour (it used to be dark blue), the kicky 80's styling. I have several times threatened to leave him if he didn't bin it, but he has always refused and has remained in our wardrobe taking up valuable space that could be better used by say, a jacket that not even a tramp would refuse to wear. In fact, the Eagle (whose sartorial choices occasionally verge towards the tramplike) once stopped by Casa BG for a drink. While we were drinking it started raining. When it was time to leave the Boy offered the Eagle the Festival Jacket as a means of keeping out the rain. He refused. The Eagle would rather get wet than be seen dead in the Festival Jacket.
So you can colour me surprised when yesterday, after no nagging, no threats of departure, the Boy voluntarily agreed to get rid of it. Why, after all this time? I have no idea. It may have had something to do with the fact I have always refused to be seen with him in public with it on. Maybe it's Midsummer Madness. Who knows. I just know I'm glad to see the back of it.

N.B. I now have an official blog email address. It's bristolgirl at googlemail dot com. It's in the sidebar too. Use it! I'd love to get me some email.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memories....misty water col *snip*

The festival jacket will live on in my mind (or perhaps the boot of my car....) forever!

The festy jacket is dead, long live the festy jacket

R.I.P

him.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home