Monday, May 22, 2006

Oh Lordy this being unemployed malarkey sucks the big fat one

I applied for 5 jobs today, all with the same (very large) organisation. They better hire me, after I spent all that time lovingly handcrafting cover letters for each individual job. Yawn.

My enthusiastic little recruiter, the Tiggeresque A, has not phoned me back, but then he Never Ever Does. I have to phone him and then he’s all apologetic and shit. But he is trying to get me an interview for a company I’d really like to work for. I hope so anyway, but frankly I am with 3 recruiters and not one of them has so much as got me a Single, Solitary, Interview. Useless bastards.

In other news, after trying and failing to get a therapist (waiting list) I went back to see my GP, because CRAP! I am depressed. So, I decided I’d do what I really, really didn’t want to do, and go on anti-depressants. Because y’know, I am of the Rave Generation and if there’s one thing I know how to do, its pop pills. So I got a prescription for 10mg of Citalopram, which as far as I can make out is pretty damn mild. But I read the list of possible side-effects anyway, and thought ‘that won’t apply to me’ Because, I NEVER get side effects from ANYTHING. Honestly, you can prescribe me anything and nothing will happen (apart from the desired effect). I never get allergies or intolerances or anything like that. But, yeah this time I got the Side Effects. There was a massive scary list with the pills that I am too lazy to copy in here, but:

Insomnia? Check
Heart palpitations? Check
Headaches? Check

I was lying awake every night with my heart pounding and racing and a headache. Fabbo. I’d rather be bummed out. So, I’m not taking the pills anymore. Dearest D is relieved because he didn’t want me to take the damn pills either and I’m relieved, because, well, now I can sleep at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home